The Brother PE770 – Great For Experienced and Beginners Alike
Some of the best loved features of the machine include the USB memory stick compatibility, a clear well back-lit LCD screen where you make your stitch choices amongst other operations, and a generous sized 5” x 7” embroidery hoop meaning that you can embroider many designs with ease.
There don’t seem to be that many reviews on this machine around, but the ones that are available rated this machine very highly (a basic poll by me coming up with a rating 4.75 out of 5!) indeed. Consistent comments include:
It does a beautiful job – you can take it straight out of the box and get started even if you are a beginner – once you’re done with the learning curve, it’s brilliant.
Here is another example of a satisfied customer.
“Very easy to use”
I wanted an embroidery machine that would allow downloads of custom designs. This machine has performed to all my expectations. This is my first experience with any kind of embroidery machine and I am perfectly satisfied. I suggest buying an introductory book on machine embroidery so you can figure out what kind of thread and stabilizer to use. I find that it takes more time to do the set-up than anything else. I would buy this again. “Picky Customer” (Amazon Verified User)
Several people voiced the comment that if you have no computer experience, then it’s a little tricky for new users as it assumes a certain amount of very basic computer know-how. I say, don’t let this put you off! I suggest you either ask a friend who uses a computer to give you a quick tutorial, or you work through it yourself and keep the manual by your side, because when you have done this, you will likely find that it has been worthwhile.
This is because the very features that use this ‘computer’ know-how will open up a wonderful world of possibilities to you. Whether or not you are experienced or a beginner, it seems that you will love this machine and given all the features that it has, is great value for money.
Here are the key features:
- Computerized embroidery machine with USB memory-stick compatibility which means that you can store and have access to thousands of designs from CDs, the Internet etc on this stick and use them in your own designs. However, you don’t need to access your computer to use this function.
- 136 built-in decorative patterns; 6 lettering fonts; 10 frame shapes and 12 border styles
- Built-in embroidery card slot enables use of 1000’s of optional Brother embroidery designs
- Back-lit LCD touch-screen controls for ease of use – you can edit your embroidery on-screen which is very useful
- Memory function to save your designs for future use
- Embroiders at 650 stitches per minute, creating crisp and precise embroidery
- Easy bobbin-winding system
- Advanced needle threading
- An automatic upper-thread tension system giving perfect stitches for any fabric
- Full array of accessories
- Product Dimensions: 21.2 x 16.9 x 17.3 inches ; 20 pounds
- 25-year limited warranty
Here are some reasons why Amazon is such a successful supplier:
- There is FREE Shipping on most items
- The ordering process is simple and Amazon communicate well during & after the ordering process
- No quibble returns policy
- The site is secured by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology
- A trusted brand